Revenants were outlaws that had been killed by Wyatt Earp and resurrected as demons due to the Earp Curse. There were supposedly 77 total revenants. Originally, the only way to stop the curse was for the Earp Heir to shoot all the revenants between their eyes with Peacemaker. If the Heir died before they are able to break the curse, the revenants were resurrected less human than the time before.
When Wynonna and Bulshar broke the Earp curse, all of the revenants vanished into thin air with the exception of Rosita Bustillos who had taken sanctuary on an ammolite rock. The Sanctuary of the Scorned Woman also harbored a handful of revenants who had become nuns. The sanctuary somehow kept the nuns safe from disappearing.
No two revenants are exactly the same, each having a unique feature that is special to them or how they died. The majority of the revenants are able to pass as human, or close enough that the residents of Purgatory don't question their existence. They cease to age or change from the moment Wyatt Earp initially slew them, rendering them ageless. While they can't die from hunger or thirst, they do require nutrition to survive and function as part of society.
- Unaging: Revenants ceased to age from the moment they were slain by Wyatt Earp and are frozen in the age and appearance they had as humans. They can live hundreds of years and not look any older than they did originally. Most resemble humans which allowed them to blend in with society without calling attention to themselves. The ones that weren't lucky enough to resurrect with all their limbs or bodily functions, stay away from society and hide out in the ghost river triangle. All revenants were unable to change their physicality, which allowed Waverly and the Earp team to identify them from pictures in the 1800s.
- Immunity: Revannats can only be truly killed with Peacemaker, which grants them immunity to all other forms of death. This includes impalement, beheading, being cut in half, and shot with human guns. Though it takes them some time to resurrect they are able to repair themselves with supernatural speed.
- Healing: If harmed by a mortal weapon revenants can heal themselves over a period of time. During this time, they are weakened but not rendered harmless.
- Peacemaker: The only weapon capable of truly killing a revenant and sending them back to Hell for all of eternity. In order for the revenant to be killed, they must be shot between the eyes by the Earp heir. If the Heir misses the wound is dangerous but not fatal. Revannats also can't touch peacemaker without burning their hands or whatever piece of skin touches the gun.
- Ghost River Triangle: Due to the curse, they are incapable of crossing the barrier out of the ghost river triangle. If they are forcibly submerged over the line, the revenant will experience excruciating pain and burning that will eventually melt their body into nothing. Due to not being able to die, this fate is one worse than death.
List of Revenants
|Malcolm Ramaker||Night vision and increased speed.||Deceased|
|Robert Svane (Bobo Del Rey)||Magnetism (the ability to move metal)||Deceased|
|Jim Miller ("Killer Miller")||Absorb light and move through shadows.||Deceased|
|Marty||Increased speed, strength, and sense of smell.||Deceased|
|Gary Smith||Presumed Deceased|
|Father Robert Malick||Amputated legs||Unknown|
|August Hamilton||Can move through reflective surfaces and paralyze victims.||Deceased|
|Vinnie (the Vulture)||Voice mimcry||Deceased|
|Hetty Tate, (Hetty Tatenhill)||Cannibal||Deceased|
|Herman Tate, (Herman Tatenhill)||Cannibal||Deceased|
Olive Tate, ("Mama Olive", Olive Tatenhill)
|Jack of Knives||Hot and sharp nails||Deceased|
|Lou (Yiska)||Commands a skinwalker||Deceased|
|Jolene (Cora's twin)||Hypnotic sexuality||Deceased|
|Cora (Jolene's twin)||Hypnotic sexuality||Deceased|
|Big Bubba||Chemistry knowledge||Deceased|
|Rosita Bustillos||Knowledge of biochemistry, engineering, and astrology.||Alive|
|Derek||Produces sparks from hands.||Deceased|
|One Armed Clint||Radioactive and possess Bulshar's Arm||Deceased|
|Sancutuary Nuns||Became nuns in the Sanctuary of the Scorned Woman||Alive|
Notes and Trivia
- When the Earp Curse was broken, all the revenants vanished into thin air never to be seen again. It can be presumed that they returned to Hell or found some sort of peace.